add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

push pull fan orientation/configuration kraken 61

SuperSarah

54 months ago

Please forgive my ignorance. For the push pull fan configuration, you want the fans blowing air out of the case, right? How do you tell which side of the fan the air comes out? Does the air come out of the front of the fan with the fan blades, or out the back of the fan where you have mounted it? Also, I change case back to Phanteks enthoo luxe - is there enough room for a push pull configured cooler? I saw a video and just using the stock cooler it looked pretty snug. Thanks!

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

the X61 is a thin rad, push pull configuration doesn't make much sense. Push pull configuration helps with thick radiators like the H80i.

How do you tell which side of the fan the air comes out?

on the side of the fan there are some arrows that show you direction of airflow and rotation but here are some pics

http://cdn.overclock.net/9/96/350x700px-LL-96008a5b_fan.jpeg

http://www.noctua.at/images/faqs/faqs_airflow_rotation.jpg

. For the push pull fan configuration, you want the fans blowing air out of the case, right?

depends where you mount the rad.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I plan to mount it on the top of the case. That makes sense, right?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

yes... I would just get 2 140mm fans with good static pressure, as there is no need for push pull config. Noctua would be my first choice!

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

What about the two fans that come with the cpu cooler? Do you recommend discarding those? Also, I see for my case, the phanteks enthoo luxe, 3 140 mm fans can be attached to the top. If I install those three fans, where do I put the cpu cooler? I had thought the cooler should be mounted on the top as well. I am assuming 5 fans won't fit on the top. Thank you so much for clarifying!

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

What about the two fans that come with the cpu cooler?

well, yes you can also use those, no problem with that.

Do you recommend discarding those?

only if you wanted better fans, but those will work fine.

If I install those three fans, where do I put the cpu cooler?

its one or the other... the cooler on top, and you can use those fans in another location.

I am assuming 5 fans won't fit on the top

exactly!!

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

So, if you happen to know the case, it appears one fan is in the front (200 mm), one on top (140) and one on the rear (140). Those are the included fans. The case also states a 140 fan can be added to the bottom and 2 additional 140 fans to the top. My question is this: if I mount 3 fans on top can I still mount the cooler on the top, under 2 of the fans? This would enable 2 fans above and 2 fans below the cooler. Is that possible for the case? Any other fan recommendations? Thank you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube