add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case Dilemma

SpikzeMC

53 months ago

Hello! I have been trying to decide between two cases for my build: either the infamous NZXT H440, with its beautiful sleek look, but it also turns me off because it doesn't have an space for an optical drive, or the case Phanteks Enthoo Primo Aluminum. I like the modern look of the Phanteks Primo, but what I caught was that... Is the graphics card far from the window?? It seems that there is far too much space from the parts and the window, and I want the parts close to the window so I can see them. How does the Phanteks Enthoo Primo look, without a custom waterloop? Because the big thing I want is aesthetica but if the parts are too far from the window it doesn't look as good, I want a look that shows 'I used all the space in the case' without too much space left, if that makes sense lol. Thanks in advance

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Just have to ask... How is the H440 "infamous"?

Also, the "space in the case" will be dependent on the parts put inside it. To get that "full" look, you need multiple video cards, full set of ram...

I'd suggest looking at the existing builds using those cases: https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/#e=504,560,686,708,879,597,445,626,955,732

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

To me the H440 is ' infamous' because I see it almost everywhere. I am already thinking of a full set or RAM but SLI/Xfire is nothing I need.

I have gone through most of the builds from the Phanteks Enthoo Primo, but none seem to have the pictures I want/need, I wanted more like someone who has experienced with the case :)

[comment deleted]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

On second thought, is there some way of installing an optical drive on the H440? Like, in place of one of the fans in the front? I saw one guy installed an LED controller doing that: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/qTsYcf#partlist , will an optical drive work the same?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I have looked at the Luxe and Pro, but I prefer the style of the Primo. Thanks tho! :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube