add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Custom Loop or CLC

TheAverageMMOGamer

54 months ago

Hello, thank you fot taking the time to read this. I was just wondering if a Custom loop would provide more sufficient, and is worth the risk to take over the safer CLC option, the Corsair H105?

Thanks, all the best

TheAverageMMOGamer

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends... How much experience do you have building systems? If it's your very first build, I tend to suggest an AIO (or CLC if you'd like) rather than a custom loop. This allows you to get to now the system, set up and configuration without the stress that comes with building a first custom loop. Once you have more experience you can always take out the AIO and upgrade to a full loop.

Not to say that you can't do it, I'd just not recommend it for a very first build. Custom loops require a lot of planning, the assembly can be quite complicated, they are usually more expensive than an AIO cooler and require regular maintenance. The upside is of course that custom cooling solutions are fully customisable in function of your specific needs (e.g. you can cool your GPU and CPU in the same loop), tend to preform better (if well designed) and just look amazing (again, if well designed :p ).

Just my 2 cents really.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube