add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Banshebot

54 months ago

So I bought Insurgency on G2Play for £3.50 this weekend and it was an awesome experience. I'm probably the worst player ever at the moment as I don't really play FPS but it's a game I could see myself getting good at. Anybody here play insurgency?

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I play insurgency. It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be; even the coop vs. bots matches are of a higher quality than I thought they would be.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not big on FPS as I've played Halo/CoD/Battlefield and they've all been a bit too unrealistic. ARMA 3 is great but the maps are stupidly big and every game I've played everyone seems to think they are Rambo. I played this and the tactical game-play paired with the super realistic damage of 1 head shot actually equaling a kill and 1-2 body shots doing the same has me hooked. Some maps could do with a little balancing in my opinion but then again like in real life all battlegrounds are going to be slightly one sided if not more. Can't wait to play more!

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

You have a great mindset for FPS. I suggest you also try out Planetside 2 since it's free. It's not usually one shot one kill, but it's the future so that's less of a problem as far as realism goes. It's also very well-balanced and huge, and people who play like rambo are usually destroyed poste haste.

But yeah, back to Insurgency. It's quite fun. Gets a little campy sometimes, depending on the map, but then you have things like grenades and decent bullet penetration to mitigate that. One thing you'll also notice is that the game is actually designed from the ground up not to be balanced - on average the Alliance team gets the better weapons and gear, while on average the Insurgency team gets the better starting position and more respawns, which is really a neat break from the mirror-image gameplay that so many FPS try for. People who think that it's not fun just haven't learned that each side needs to be played differently for success.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I actually tried Planetside 2 a long time ago on my craptop. I can't remember the correct specs but my new toaster could probably run it better. It's never occurred to me to go back and try it out on a system that can run it well.

I don't mind the camping element because I imagine real life combat to be more of a ''keep your head down till the right opportunity comes up''. The fun of it being one sided makes victory oh so much sweeter when you pull through though. I feel there's quite a big learning curve just in how you should position yourself and how often to advance. Last night I ended a game 3:17 and still had a great time. Made it to 7:7 by the end of the night though as I'm slowly but surely understanding the game :). We should play sometime when I'm not embarrassingly awful haha

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't worry, that's like what my scores are (despite the fact that I should know better, I often try to play Rambo anyway, and I get killed a lot for it). If you don't already have it my steam name's Leadprophet; HMU.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll be on tonight 11pm GMT I'll add your steam account and keep an eye out for when you're next online :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube