add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair H60 set up on Fractal R5 + blue LED fans

tomato123

54 months ago

Hello, I'm looking to get a Corsair H60 with a Fractal Design Define R5, and for cosmetic purposes I'm thinking about putting in a blue LED fan on the bottom and replacing the 120mm stock fan with a blue LED fan. Couple questions:

1. From the instructions I see on youtube, it looks like the rear exhaust fan is removed and replaced with the H60's radiator/fan. With 2 intake fans from the front and bottom and no exhaust, will this cause any issues? I'd like to avoid opening up the top to add another fan. I'm okay with not installing a fan on the bottom if it will be adequate to have no exhaust with the stock fan up front, but I'm not even sure if that basic setup is okay, and if an exhaust is necessary.

2. Is it pointless to replace the H60 fan with a blue LED fan, given that the radiator goes in front of the fan and blocks the light? I've never actually seen a radiator up close so I don't know if there are openings in them, or if it covers the fan partially enough that a blue LED light will light up the inside well enough.

Thanks!

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

For the first question, it will not cause any problems at all, in fact it might help just a little because it causes +air pressure which eliminates dust. And for the second, the video you saw must have had the fan in a pull position, which is also better for dust purposes, but you can just install the fan on the other side of you radiator in a push position to show off the LEDs and it will not effect the performance of your PC at all.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube