add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT S340 Fan Orientation

Nerv3

53 months ago

Hi. I'm planning to get an NZXT S340 and will install a H100i GTX in it and I was wondering how I should have the fans in the case. I'm thinking of using the back and top fans as intake and the H100 at pull configuration as exhaust but I would like other inputs on this as well. Thanks.

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

nope, use the H100iGTX as intake in the front, leave the included fans as they are.you want the exhaust to be as open as possible, and the top and rear are way more open than the front :).

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh ok. So the H100i GTX will be in push then?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

doesn't matter. you just want the fans on it bringing air into the case from the front. whether it's pushing through or pulling through the rad it won't make much of a difference. mine is in pull. http://i.imgur.com/qYkaGFd.jpg

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright. Thanks for the help.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

you're welcome.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

in pull configuration there will be less dust......

@pureblackfire , why haven't you posted your build? you got a 980 at a very extremely low price

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I just dropped the 980 in my main build. the build with the S340 has a GTX960 in it, thiking of changing that to a R9 380 4GB. as to why I haven't posted it, lazy XD. I did post a topic when I bought the parts, but I deleted it :).

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I bought the QBX, I moved everything from my elite 110 to the cougar. Just waiting on a noctua fan to organize everything...

lazy XD

waiting.. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube