add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Nzxt H440 hdd airflow

sbolegato

53 months ago

Hi all, I'm waiting for my h440 and i'm thinking about the hdd airflow. I have just one 3.5 hdd so I will remove all the hdd cages for better airflow. It's better mount the hdd in the basemant near the psu and remove all the cages for a better gpu airflow (is a 970 g1) or mount the hdd in the last cage in the bottom in front of the fan?

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

or mount the hdd in the last cage in the bottom in front of the fan?

good idea..

You can remove the other cages to improve airflow, not that there is going to be a big difference if they are empty.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm concerned about the heat air of the gpu. May be is better mount the hdd in the first upper cage and leave empty the bottom fan to push the hot gpu air in the rear of the case?

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

you can do both and test different options and check your temps.. Also changing the 120mm fans on front for 140mm which have better airflow could help.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I wil try. Thank you.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

you're welcome!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube