add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CPU temps Question

Doublebow

54 months ago

I have an fx8350k and I have had it running the stock cooler for a few months now but the noise and temps got to me, so I decided to get an aio cooler, the corsair H110i gt, I used to get about 26 while idle and about 62 when under load (while playing a game like gta) but I recently installed my new cooler and its running at (according to the bios and msi command centre) 16- 18 degrees idle, now I am sure that this is not the correct temp as most reviews seem to put this cooler with my cpu at around 24 degrees while idle. And corsair link is currently saying my cpu temp is fluctuating massively , going from 7- 30 degrees in a second, then dropping down and up and down (you get the picture) Now i am scared to put my cpu under load as if these readings are incorrect I don't know if my cooler is working correctly so it could be running alot hotter and if i put it under load I don't want to risk damaging my system.

Is this temp right? or have I somehow broken the thermometer on my pc? Or is this something else (like something to do with windows 10 and msi's temperature reading thingy) Thanks for any help on the matter.

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

OK so I restarted my pc and downloaded HW monitor and it seems that now my temps sit at around 18/19 degrees which is great, but it still seems lower than most reviews of this cooler.

Should I be worried? or is it just that I have put the cooler on right and its running better than expected?

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

don't worry about the idle temp with AMD, the important one is the temp under load......

Should I be worried?

no... only if temps under load are high.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

What's the ambient temp?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube