add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 10 Screen Recorder Records No Sound

Bobman108

54 months ago

Hi there! So far I'm loving Win10, but when I was using the Xbox App Screen Recorder, I noticed that when I'm done recording there is no sound in the video. This is with every game I tried with the recorder. The game has sound, but the recorded video/clip doesn't. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Just my cynical thoughts, but since it's a "screen recorder" and sound isn't a visual aspect on the screen, they made it just record the screen.

I'd say check the settings and see if there's something like a checkbox or tab that details what's recorded.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

There isn't. And some reviewers of the feature showed some gameplay that they recorded using the recording feature. There was sound and no delay. The point of it is to record gameplay and take parts of it and turn them into clips. Then upload to your xbox account for your friends to see. Or you can keep the entire footage and upload to youtube or use in your own editing software.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah.

Well, as I don't have 10 to try it out on, I'm pulling at strings...

Are you using a sound card? Headphones/speakers? I'd suggest trying combinations to see if something works.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

i just gave up on it. Cuz i've had a few new bugs that occurred ever since i upgraded. such as sound would sometimes automatically go through hdmi instead of my default sound device (i have to restart my pc to fix it) then the audio would make popping sounds in my headphones (its not my headphones because i tried many headphones and the same issue is found) and finally sometimes it takes a while for my pc to finally log in.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube