add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Suggestions on quiet 120mm Case fans

DannyRyu

54 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JZcZmG Looking for quiet case fans and even possibly an upgrade to the CPU cooler, it gets pretty hot around here 34c or 93f, No AC. Alcpu core temp program rates my CPU at max 100c but the intel website says max 75c. and I'm reaching 75c+ so I'd like to be on the safe side and get extra cooling

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

A fan won't be a major difference, I would suggest a better cooler (since you're on stock). A budget cooler like the Cryorig H7 will perform much better than the stock intel one.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

my case supports a 120mm radiator but I can't really find one, it has to be 115mm or smaller due to the case, and LGA 1150 of course preferably low decibels because Its already a pretty quiet machine.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Ehh, 120mm radiators aren't that great for a normal build. Air coolers can perform just as well for less and quieter operation.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Problem is I have no space for air coolers, the Cooler can only be 115mm max

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

One option, though pricy, is Noctua's L12 model: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhl12

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

that is a 54 watts tdp cpu... strange that you are getting those temps. The cryorig H7 is an excellent cooler, overkill for your cpu but you will definitely be on the more than safe side for sure...

Suggestions on quiet 120mm Case fans

the best 120mm quiet fans = noctua ultra low noise

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-case-fan-nfs12auln

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Only thing I can think of is that the stock thermal paste somehow went bad. I heard of one or two other people having the paste just not apply right and get bad temps.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

okay, I'll try applying higher quality paste and see if that makes a difference

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't use AS5, its not good and has a 200 curing time, that is over a week, so you won't even now right after its if the thermal paste that was bad or something else and iirc its conductive.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube