add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 7 to Windows 10

sox15
  • 58 months ago

I'm currently putting together my first computer and I have a question regarding the transition of Windows 7 to Windows 10. Windows 7 costs $90 on Amazon while Windows 10 costs $100. If I buy Windows 7, will I get Windows 10 for basically $10 cheaper?

Windows 7 link: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Multi-Users-Frustration-Free-Packaging/dp/B00H09BB16

Windows 10 link: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Home-System-Builder/dp/B00ZSI7Y3U

Thanks for the help

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

yes.... but you gain alot of wasted time installing the OS, then a million updates, then the other OS. Is $10 woth your time?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

its ony $10, so its just a question of if those hours are woth the $10 to you.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

yes all copies of windows 7 can be upgraded to windows 10 if done so in the allotted time that Microsoft has set (about 1 year)

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep. Believe it or not that's exactly how it works.
Anyone who has or buys a PC with Win 7 / 8 / 8.1 will have until July of next year to claim their permanent upgrade.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

The one advantage of buying 10 besides the messing about upgrading 7 is that you will get the activation key.

You won't get that if you just upgrade from 7, your system will just be activated automatically.

Where this helps is when you change hardware in your system and have to re install your OS

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube